Saturday, December 27, 2008

90's VINTAGE UNDERGROUND DEATHMETAL BLOG, UNRELEASED CONTENT ON YOUR WAY!

First of all, I wanted to let you know I just discovered an awesome blog with old underground demos. The site is: http://metaldemos666.blogspot.com, tune in! I just downloaded some vintage stuff like CATACOMB (fr), PORTAL (aus), and for those who dont have them already, the TIMEGHOUL demos (the most underrated USDM band the 90’s)!!!

The other thing, is watch out this blog for some cool content to be published very soon:

RWAKE interview. This was conducted about a year ago about the release of the “Voices Of Omens” album. It was supposed to be published in Metal Hammer Greece, but somehow didn’t make it.

GREEK SCENE REPORT. This article is a fucked up story and it really pisses me off when I think about it. I want to put it online in order to get over with it once and for all. To make a long story short, I was contacted by TERRORIZER magazine (UK) about a year and half ago in order to produce a greek scene report. Eventually I rounded it up, after a lot of effort and time, and the feedback I got from the magazine was quite enthusiastic. That’s when I was told that there has been a misunderstanding going on, and that a greek black metal scene report was prepared by somebody else. My contact point presented his apologies and proposed me to split the article in two and discard the black metal part. Eventhough I was extremely unhappy with how things turned out I agreed and since then I didn’t have any news from them. Except references to the separate scenes, it contains some mini-features with RAVENCULT, DEAD CONGREGATION, SUN OF NOTHING, FAMILY BATTLE SNAKE, HIBERNATION

JON CHANG interview (ex-Discordance Axis, Gridlink, Hayaino Daisuki, “Black Powder|Red Earth” video game). Well I was very excited to do this interview with Jon, because he’s one of my favorite singers/lyricists. A part of it was used for a GRIDLINK feature published in Metal Hammer Greece’s December issue (in greek language of course). A lot was left out, so you’ll be able to dig the entire interview in english. It was cool because two of my passions have been adressed in it: both grindcore and first-person-shooters!


OK, hold on to it.

No comments: